World Vision: Director – Church Relations
The DIRECTOR – CHURCH RELATIONS provides leadership to the organisation’s engagement with all churches (inter-denominational) towards achieving the primary goal that the local church being God’s instruments of healing to a broken society, bringing about wholeness. The community must affirm that the local church is our neighbour. The position is based in Chennai /Delhi and reports to the Group Director, Public Engagement.
1. Passion for the Church with ability to focus on the building of God’s Kingdom
2. Committed to prayer and strong in interpretation and teaching of God’s Word
3. Ability to transfer Biblical and academic knowledge to various stakeholders
4. Committed to the mission of the local church to her neighbourhood and for mission to be integral
5. Committed to live out World Vision’s Vision & Mission.
6. Good understanding of the work of WV and ability to connect the church with the issues of the community
7. Demonstrates highest standard of accountability and integrity
8. Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Ability to converse and communicate effectively with the senior leadership of the Church
9. A good understanding of the humanitarian industry.
10. Keep oneself updated through regular reading and research with ability to write technically sound proposals and concept papers
11. Able to build collaborative relationships internally & externally
12. Capability of practicing innovation and change
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters Degree in Divinity/Theology with at least 10 years of leadership experience in similar roles with demonstrated community development skills. Additional PG Qualification (preferred)
- Experience in Advocacy
- Should have experience in working with youth and develop programmes for their development.
For more details, please log in http://www.worldvision.in and view the Job Description in detail. If you meet the above criteria and interested in this position and aged between 40 and 55 years please email your CV within 2 weeks to wvindiaopportunity [at] wvi [dot] org